Attention English Language
Foreign Language Professionals:
Earn extra money on a part-time, freelance basis!
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) has developed an oral proficiency assessment for English - the ACTFL OPIc (Oral Proficiency Interview-computer). The ACTFL OPIc is an internet-delivered assessment of spoken language proficiency that is based on ACTFL’s Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) elicitation and rating protocols, but is delivered in a semi-direct manner.
We anticipate significant increases in the demand for OPIc testing and need to recruit and train a large number of OPIc Raters. If you are interested in earning extra income through part-time work that can be done from your home in your free time - then becoming an OPIc Rater will be of great value to you.
Criteria for Applying:
1. Native speaker of English with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Language teaching, testing, translating, copy editing, or similar experience.
3. Sufficient time to dedicate an average of 10+ hours per week to rating tests.
4. A computer with high speed internet access.
5. Willingness to learn new skills and a commitment to maintaining high rating reliability.
6. Able to attend an on-site 4-day Training Session.
• The current sites under consideration are: Medford, Eugene, Portland and enrollment numbers will determine the site.
• The 4-day training has not yet been set but will take place between July 24-30, 2010.
• ACTFL will provide the training and training materials. You are responsible for your own travel and expenses.
Following the 4 day training, you will need to complete follow-up rating activities. These rating activities will take approximately 20-25 hours and will be completed in your own time and from your home computer. OPIc rater certification will be awarded upon demonstration of sufficient rating reliability upon completion of the process as required.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV to email@example.com and for questions and further information, please contact Arnold Bleicher at 541-292-0697