CALL FOR PROPOSALS!
Submit your proposal for a conference presentation using this online form. Accepted presenters will receive a discount on pre-conference workshops or registration.
Deadline for proposals: January 6, 2014.
All presentations should address a topic related to culture, intercultural communication or intercultural competence. Content focus may be on
- Pedagogy & Practice: Practical language pedagogy, classroom practices, tips, tricks & tools, cultural practices.
- Advocacy & Service: promotion of language & culture education, service learning, community engagement.
- Scholarship & Research: in language acquisition, linguistics, pedagogy, intercultural topics, cultural practice or related subjects.
You may choose a 45-60 minute or 75-90 minute session. Presentations that include a lot of audience participation or demonstration are well suited to a longer session. A computer lab is available - you may request the lab in your proposal application.
Deadline and Selection Process
Deadline for Submission: January 6, 2014 Final notification of selection: January 13th.
- Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Your presentation will either be accepted as is, accepted with modifications, or not accepted
- The selection committee may request modifications to your presentation to better match the focus of the conference. Be sure to leave time for revision and resubmission.
- Accepted proposals will receive a choice of 1) discounted registration, 2) discounted pre-conference workshop, or 3) option to transfer discount to another colleague or student to attend the conference.